Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 23, 2010


She is my latest creation at work. Quite an easy pattern to follow. However I have made many dolls over the years, smaller, more antiqued. So naturally I changed the methods a little. I did use a napkin for her apron. I have been out searching for an embroidered table cloth, or napkins, or cloth tissues. Today my wonderful friend Karen and I went to lunch and then went to four thrift stores and found nothing. I remember a time when they were easy to find. Not today.

Also in the original pattern, Molly is holding a tiny bucket. I knew I would not find one. So I designed this set of roses made from ric rac and felt. Of course, I had to make up a pattern that the store could give out as a free handout.

Molly will become part of a display that focuses on 1930's and 40's fabrics and a book called "A Stitch In Time". You will see more of this soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment