Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 25, 2014

A great day!






I have a blessed life, I suppose. Somehow, without knowing it, I broke a tile on Linda's living room coffee table. It had to be me as I am the only one who sits at this end of the table. So this morning, after giving mom her breakfast, I set out to look for a replacement.  I started out by going to Home Depot. Sometimes they actually know what they are about. But not today. They gave me instructions to get to Corriveau Routhier. But their directions did not get me there. I ended up driving around the neighborhood until I found them. A Mom and Pop store but very very big. Obviously they have been there for a long time. I had to wait for about fifteen minutes as the owner and a woman consultant were helping others. I don't mind. I love tiles and saw some awesome things. I saw tiles that would match the ones on Linda's table but not the right size. Instead of leaving, I decided to talk to the owner. What a total joy he was. Paul. His name was Paul. He took a large tile and cut it down to the size I needed. But tile was thinner than what I wanted so he got a piece of cardboard to place under it.
This is the tile underneath.  It looks pretty normal. It is a bit higher than the others so I will have to find thinner cardboard. But when I am through it will be perfect. 

Paul was such a delight that I even hugged him. It cost me only $2.00. Can you believe it!  I hope Linda likes it. Paul took one look at this tile I brought in and completely understood what I needed. I love working with private businesses. You just can't go wrong. You just can't.



1 comment:

  1. Those tiles look so thin. I imagine anyone could have broken them. Sounds like a wonderful experience though.

    ReplyDelete