Total Pageviews

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Big Pores


I have never been one to fuss with makeup and all of the products that so many women invest in when pampering their bodies. Water. Never soap on my face. Just water. At a very young age I began to think that something in soap would only clog my face, so I just never used it. And I have been pretty fortunate to have pretty good skin. For a woman of 61.

But lately, I am not so happy with these pores on my face. Why are they so big? Have they always been like this? I am just not a mirror person. Is there something I should do about this?
So I wrote to Christina and asked in detail what she thought and her suggestion was really simple.

I bought for under $10 some Oil of Olay Regenerist Anti-Aging Deep Pore Cleanser and some small organic sponges. Tonight I have used it for the second time and I have to admit, my face feels really nice.

Why all of a sudden?

I have been noticing people. Women my age, some younger and looking older than me. Some older and looking old. I am looking at them and thinking - I don't want to look like that. Their skin looks almost like it stinks. It looks like it is rotting. I don't want my skin to rot. It may be getting old, but it doesn't mean that it is dying. It doesn't have to be dying.

I am still alive and pretty vibrant, creative, infused, and infusing. I don't think that I should be rotting away just because I am no longer young. That doesn't mean that I want to get all of this surgery done and stuff like that. But I am thinking that I should take care of what I have. After all, I have the type of body that almost never ever gets sick. Pretty healthy. I need to take care of the casing.

I think it started when Beth gave me this dainty little ruby ring. It is very tiny and I keep looking at it on my ring finger and I am constantly surprised at how feminine it makes my hand look. At how feminine it makes me feel - this tiny little ring. It occurred to me that , yes, I have great hands. I don't ever think about that. I just do what I do.

I am feminine. I don't ever think about that. I just do what I do.

I want the experience of that. Now this does not mean that I am going to wear nylons and high heals. But I want certainly to start taking better care of myself like my skin. I don't want anyone looking at me and thinking:

"My god, she's rotting away!"

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting how we view ourselves. I have always thought of you as being an entirely feminine woman - nothing the least bit masculine about you. That Olay product sounds good - and you deserve to treat your skin! You are, and have always been, very very attractive. Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete