Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Day at the Lake



George got me out of the house and into the country by a lake that is very familiar to me. We spent a lot of our childhood at a lake near here, Winnisquam. I have always had a fondness for this part of the state. So many wonderful memories, water stories. My father and his sailboat. Just the smell of the air brings me back.

This is our friend Keith. Just the loveliest graceful man you could ever meet. Can you believe he quite smoking four months ago and he is still skinny? All of the people you will see here are friends and family of his, who are gathering to enjoy his family camp on Lake Winnepesaukee. No one can say anything wrong about him. He is just someone who always shows up.



This is a picture of a minute section of the lake. The fresh air. Clean water. All you can do is smile here. You don't bring your troubles to this piece of heaven on earth.


What I didn't know is that this is Keith's 50th birthday. I would have made a card, of course. The tiny chocolate cupcakes were a favorite of the children's, of course. I got to have a piece of the big cake. Nothing like chocolate cake on a hot sunny afternoon at the lake, the sounds of laughter, the shrill of children playing in the water, motorboats on the lake, loons somewhere in the distance. I was at piece with my cake.



This is Larry, the only person there that I knew besides Keith. I spent most of the time sitting, writing, absorbing the great sense of being. It was a totally peaceful day.



This is Keith's sister. I will enter her name tomorrow. Another wonderful woman. Attentive to everyone.



The man with the striped shirt is Keith's brother, Todd. I got to meet him and even have a conversation with him and Larry and George, that was quite fun.




Lots of babies and children of every age.



Lots of grownups of every age.














George talking to Larry. George spent all of his time talking to everyone. I spent most of my time listening, where as George is not shy. He can find something to talk about with anyone.




A path into the woods that brought back a vision of running after my sister thousands of times as kids, off on another adventure into lala land.


The cakes


The resting place. I just loved this chair. It sat all by itself. There was always someone sitting on it. Young and old. I even sat on it. The joy of an old piece of furniture. At the end of the day it will be brought in the house, it's duty done, everyone content. Another fond memory.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Pauline. The pictures are magnificent. It brings back memories of going to the lake. So nice to see a picture of George after all this time too. Thank you for sharing this time with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a lovely day, how fun :)

    ReplyDelete