Total Pageviews

Monday, August 1, 2011

Discovery


I was sewing this evening, having a wonderful time. I have made a pattern from my sister Suzanne's blouse and I was just finishing up, applying the delicate bias binding around the neck when I was struck by the sight of a drop of blood the size of a pea.

I'm looking around, there's some on my nightgown. I didn't hurt myself. I'm just sewing!! Then I see it on my left arm. This iron deficiency is really manifesting itself in odd ways. Two bleeding spots, one large, one small.

I'm rummaging through the house muttering to myself. I have cotton swabs, cotton balls, but no band aids, and nothing to take out stains. Merde!! (French for poop).

Now everyone knows I have false teeth. And there they are on the counter in a beautiful hand made bowl soaking in Efferdent. So I take a cotton ball, dip it in, and apply it to the fabric and within seconds, the stain is gone without removing any color from the fabric and without leaving a ring. Nothing. You would never know anything happened. I rinsed it well with water and it dried and I would defy anyone to find where it happened.

So. everybody - rush to the store and buy a box of Efferdent tablets and keep them on hand. I am going to experiment on other stains. If it takes out blood, it should do just about anything.

Do you think? I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

  1. i am concerned about the "bleeding spots". CALL YOUR MD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As am I! Is that from the drip they gave you yesterday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't get a drip yesterday. That begins on Thursday. I'll talk to my doctor on Thursday. I don't think there is anything to worry about.

    ReplyDelete