Total Pageviews

Friday, October 9, 2009

My Mother's Birthday



I was late getting my mother's birthday present out. I am remiss. I designed this sweater from an Italian knit that I special ordered and took forever to come in. Like myself, my mother keeps the house rather cool in the winter. But I don't ever remember seeing her in bulky sweaters. My mother has always been a rather fashionable woman. Although my photography is pathetic, this is actually a fitted sweater. The front pieces however are really a wrap and can be worn many ways, three of which you can see here. I might even make one for myself if I can find a similar knit at my store. It is difficult to see but this is not a printed knit. The threads are dyed and it is in greens and blues and quite nice. I wish my mom would send me pictures of how she looks in it, but it has been a long time since she has been into pictures. When we were children, she took lots of photos. I will have to believe her when she tells me that she loves it. It's really a nice piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment