Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jazzy Soup



My new student, Shelley, was here and I gave her a bowl of this soup. She loved it. I was struggling with what I should call it and she said it should have a "jazzy" name. So I am calling it my "Jazzy Soup". It works.

Melt:

2 sticks of butter
1/4 cup of olive oil

add:
1 onion chopped
1 head of garlic chopped

saute until browned

add:

2 lbs carrots, peeled and chopped
2 potatoes potatoes peeled and chopped
6 cups chicken broth
1 knob ginger grated
4 tbs olive tapenade
salt & pepper

bring to the boil, then simmer and cook till the vegetables are soft

add:

1 bag baby spinach

Simmer 15 minutes

Take off the heat and cool down a bit.

Puree with an immersion blender or a Cuisinart. Add salt & pepper, but do not overwhelm. The taste should be in the ginger and garlic.

Serve with bread or rice.

This is a beautiful soup that can be eaten anytime. It is clean and is easily digestible. Good for the diet and the body. The tapenade can be bought just about anywhere nowadays. I got mine at my fabric store! What a surprise.

Enjoy~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment