Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ironingboard


I had to borrow an ironing board from my husband's daughter, Stacy. It never ceases to amaze me what people consider to be an ironing board. A piece of iron, a 1/4 inch piece of foam, and cloth. I tried to iron a blouse on it and it was awful.


So, even though I knew I would not have it for long, I took it upon myself to take it apart and make it better.


I removed the cover and the foam. I bought a package of batting and put four layers of it over the board and cut the sides to cover just over the sides.


Then I struggled to get the cover on and tighten it to get it just right.


It came out surprisingly great. I can iron anything now. You can see that the edges are nicely rounded and completely padded so that anything I iron will not have the impression of metal.


This was the original pad. Sad.


To anyone serious about ironing, not only a seamstress, without the proper ironing board, you just cannot get the right press. I have been ironing since I was a little girl. I have never known anything but a well padded board. What are your boards like?

1 comment:

  1. my ironing board looks like yours before you padded it. Guess I should get some batting.

    ReplyDelete