Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My temporary home


This is the room where I spend most of my time right now. In the foreground is my big chair that I have always bragged about. And it is big. You'll see just how big in another picture below. The order of these pictures don't come up in the same order as I enter them. It is a long narrow room. Against the right wall I have the chair and my bed. There is a fan in the window and a standing fan that you can see. The temps go up in the day and at night it is cool so I use both fans at night. I am not a summer person. So I bring in as much air at night as possible.




This is the quilt I have always talked about. A log cabin that has 1200 pieces in it. It is based on black and Asian fabrics with white centers instead of red. It is based on a picture of an antique quilt I saw in a magazine only I used Asian prints instead of floral prints. Typical of my nature. Maybe one day I will hang it in such a way that we will be able to see it completely.


This is the big chair in its largesse. Here I knit, I work on my hand pieced quilt, I write, I work on my computer, I even eat here, when I eat. It is pure comfort.


The new computer, well, lap top. I had to call my sister to figure out how to load pictures in it so I could write this blog. I am completely computer stupid. But see all the pens and pencils beyond it? That is my true method of writing.


Kitchen. This is on the other end of the sewing area. As time goes along I will be photographing all the special things I have. You can't see it, but in the very corner is my Russian Tea set. George was sure to bring that. He managed to bring dishes and all the basic things to set up the kitchen. My copper pots and pans, espresso maker, enough interesting things to give me a sense of home.


Cozy huh!


Denise, my sister, thinks I am crazy that I iron dish towels.



George and I used to vacation in the Adirondaks every year. It was a private estate owned by friends of my sister Suzanne and her husband John. The last year I think it was, we hooked up with the carpenter on the estate and asked him if he would make us this table which was common in all the little cottages on the estate. He was happy to do it and we paid him for it. The legs are cut cedar trees and the top is pine. The color of the table is the same color that is found throughout the estate. It blends in with the entire landscape of the estate. It fits perfectly in this kitchen as there is little counter space and it gives me more room to prepare all of my stir fries and whatever I am cooking. There have been hundreds of breads kneaded on this little table. Everyone should have one in their kitchen. I love that the legs still have the bark on them. Bring the outdoors in. It is a great feeling.

1 comment:

  1. George was nothing short of inspired with what he moved from your storage into the new apartment! God bless that man!

    ReplyDelete