Total Pageviews

Thursday, November 19, 2009

Tragedy

It is a great good fortune to have our art to turn to when we are faced with uncertainties, with difficulties, with clouds. We experience life at times and come through fragmented and what are we supposed to do?!~~~ We turn to a friend and they are not always there as they have their own drama going on and are not into even saying hello.

So we stop talking and retreat into silence, plying our needles turning out one beautiful grace piece after another, thinking that the world's technology is flinging us into solitude.

Rumi once said: "I have lived on the lip of insanity wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens, I have been knocking from the inside." This week my emotions have been under the influence of a powerful experience. Trust was shattered. My neck aches and my thoughts are repetitive. Still I work.

I am cooking for the holiday. What a respite as I work on the menu looking forward to cooking the turkey, something I have not done in years. I so look forward to this. And then the Christmas ornaments are ongoing, sure to be done on time. A wedding dress to be altered, now finished two weeks ahead of time. My granddaughter's Thanksgiving dress almost done which will have to be overnighted to her as she is in NH and I am in Oregon. And then there is the knitting. Always preparing for my class every Thursday. I may have two new students this week. that will be my limit.. No more than this.

I love knitting. Very soothing. Like applique. It's the needles. Having needles in my fingers is the most natural thing to my soul. They make me forget that I am so solitary. They "Get me through." Get me through.

1 comment:

  1. have tried to send messages thru earthlink - it is holding my words captive and probably flinging them off to Nepal, or somewhere equally ridiculous. PLEASE write to me and talk to me. I am concerned.

    ReplyDelete