Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Oncidium


I was worried when I had to re-pot the orchid. In the past, I would bring my orchids to little shops and let them do it. But here in Oregon, I haven't an auto so I have to do these things myself. Orchids can be delicate. How many times have I bought orchids in bloom and that was that. They have never bloomed again. They were pretty when bought, but after that, they were just leaves, curved over the pot, just sitting peacefully and unmoving. But this orchid. It has tripled in size and this is its fourth bloom. It's original pot was a boat in shape and tiny. It began to shoot out buds and I realized it would not blossom unless I re-potted it. Finding the right pot was a real guess because it not only had to fit, but I also didn't want something typical if you know what I mean. It has been flowering now for weeks and has been thrilling me for all of this time. It looks like it will continue to do so for perhaps another month, meaning it will be perhaps three months in the flower.

How fortunate am I!!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment